Collection of Your Personal Information
Zenoss does not collect personally-identifying information from visitors to our website unless the visitor has volunteered personally-identifying information, as described below in the "Active Community Members" and "Interactive Product Users" sections. But, like most website operators, Zenoss does collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the visitor's Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider, operating system, language preference, referring page, exit page, clickstream data, and the date and time of each visitor request. We may use this non-personally identifying information to create a profile or log of your preferences, but we do not tie information in this file to any of your personally identifying information which we may have.
We may collect data, including personal information, about you as you use our websites and Services and interact with Zenoss. “Personal information” is any data about an identified or identifiable individual, including data that identifies an individual or that could be used to identify, locate, track, or contact an individual. Personal information includes both directly identifiable information such as a name, identification number or unique job title, and indirectly identifiable information such as date of birth, unique mobile or wearable device identifier, telephone number as well as key-coded data. We also collect personal information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information to assist us. “Third party” is any legal entity, association or person that is not owned by Zenoss, or in which Zenoss does not have a controlling interest
We collect personal information for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Processing your order, including payment transactions.
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription.
- Sending marketing communications.
- Creating an account.
- Enabling the use of certain features of our Solutions.
- Personalizing your experience.
- Providing customer service.
- Managing a job application.
- Collecting information during the testing admissions process when a computer-based certification test is administered to you.
We and the third parties we engage may combine the information we collect from you over time and across our websites and Services with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
If you choose to provide Zenoss with a third party's personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party's consent to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication following the link provided in the initial message or contacting email@example.com.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Services, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent. We shall never sell your personal data to third parties.
We may share personal information for Zenoss business operations in the following ways:
- Within Zenoss and any of our worldwide offices for purposes of data processing or storage.
- With Zenoss business partners or vendors, so that they may share information with you about their products or services.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested Services. Examples include, but are not limited to: processing of orders, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of Zenoss, its business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- I will visit the Zenoss communications preference webpage to hereby consent to use my Personal Information for Zenoss to collect, use, share and communicate to interact with Zenoss and their Services in accordance with the above.
Like many websites, Zenoss uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website. Examples include your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website.
Zenoss or third parties we engage also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer or device whenever you connect to the Internet. It is a unique address assigned by your Internet service provider or IT department on a TCP/IP network. Among other things, the IP address allows web servers to locate and identify your device.
- Clickstream behavior. This includes, for example, the pages you view and the links you click. These tools help make your visit to our website easier, more efficient, and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return. Get more information about how we use automatic data collection tools, such as cookies and widgets.
Use of clear gifs.
We may use clear gifs, which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that track online movements of website visitors and inform us what content on our site is most effective. Clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and HTML-based emails and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by website clear gifs to our customers' personally identifiable information, although we may link that information to your IP address.
We may also use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, please see "How can you access or correct your personally-identifying information?"
Use of Widgets.
In some instances, Zenoss and the third parties we engage may automatically collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website and to help tailor content or offers for you.
Do Not Track.
Some web browsers may give you the ability to enable a "do not track" feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different from blocking or deleting cookies, as browsers with a "do not track" feature enabled may still accept cookies.
No industry standard currently exists on how companies should respond to "do not track" signals, although one may develop in the future. Zenoss websites do not currently recognize and respond to "do not track" signals. If we do in the future, we will describe how in this Privacy Statement. You can learn more about "do not track" at www.allaboutdnt.com.
Uses of Your Personal Information
Zenoss may use your personal information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our websites and Services, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Delivering a Service you have requested.
- Analyzing, supporting, and improving our Solutions and your online experience.
- Personalizing websites, newsletters and other communications.
- Administering and processing your certification exams.
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from Zenoss or from our partners.
What information do we collect from active community members?
Some features of the Zenoss website are available to community members only upon registration, which may require the disclosure of personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Zenoss gathers from those members depends on the nature of the feature. For example, those who wish to receive emails from Zenoss must provide their name and email address, those who wish to post content to certain portions of the Zenoss website are asked to provide usernames that identify that content as having been posted by a particular member, members who wish to contribute code must provide their name and contact information and sign a Contributor Agreement, and those who wish to apply for a job must provide their name, address and phone number. Should Zenoss choose to sell software or services on its website, purchasers will be asked to provide us with even more information, including billing and shipping addresses and credit card or similar information. If any feature of the Zenoss website or software requires the use of a password, that feature may not be accessible without the password.
What information do we collect from interactive product users?
Certain Zenoss products contain features that report, or that permit users to report, the user's usage patterns and problems - whether caused by Zenoss' software, third party software, or third-party websites - to Zenoss. The reports generated by these features typically include non-personally-identifying information such as the configuration of the user's computer and the code running at the time a problem or communication occurred, and the number and type of servers being managed by the software. Some of these features give users the option of providing personally-identifying information, though none of these features require it. For example, Zenoss software may include a "call home" feature that automatically and periodically checks the Zenoss website for available software updates. Zenoss analyzes the information provided by these interactive product features to develop a better understanding of how its products are performing and being used.
With whom might we share collected information?
The information that we collect is generally used for internal purposes, such as fulfilling your requests for products or information, permitting access to features of our website, enabling customer support, responding to your inquiries, compiling usage statistics regarding the Zenoss website, analyzing visitor preferences regarding our products and services, and better understanding how Zenoss' visitors use the Zenoss website and Zenoss products and services. To that end, Zenoss may share information, including personally-identifying information, with its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that need to know that information in order to process it on Zenoss' behalf and that have agreed not to disclose it to others (for example, if Zenoss were to use a third party to deliver email newsletters and other email messages). Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using the Zenoss website or any Zenoss product or service, you consent to the transfer of your information to them. Zenoss does not rent or sell such information to anyone. Zenoss may also release non-personally-identifying information about visitors and customers, such as by publishing a report on website usage trends to our partners and advertisers.
We will also divulge personal information to law enforcement agencies or other governmental agencies when required to do so, when we in good faith believe it is necessary in order to comply with legal obligations, or when Zenoss believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Zenoss, members of the Zenoss community, or the public at large. We may also monitor communications, like email correspondence and telephone calls, to track reported problems and to ensure quality assurance.
If you use a forum, email list or chat room on the Zenoss website, you should be aware that any personally identifying information you submit there can be read, collected or used by other users of those services, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. Zenoss is not responsible for personally identifying information which visitors may choose to submit in those cases.
In the event that Zenoss goes through a business transition, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, user information, including personally identifying information, may be one of the transferred assets. We are the sole owner of any and all information which we may collect, including through the Zenoss website and interactive software features.
Access to or correcting your personal Information
You may view, correct or update the personally-identifying information we have about you by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, if you no longer wish to receive our electronic communications, you may opt-out of receiving those communications by following the instructions included in each email or communication you receive. If we use any of your personal information in a manner that you believe is inconsistent with this privacy statement, please notify us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com. Your only remedy in any such case is to ask us to correct such inconsistency.
Zenoss needs your help in keeping your personal information accurate and up to date. We provide a number of options to access, correct, suppress, or delete your personal information:
- Some Zenoss entities may act as or be considered "data controllers". When a Zenoss department is acting as a data controller, you can exercise your rights of access and request corrections, suppression, or deactivations under applicable data protection laws directly with that Zenoss entity as described in the specific Solution documentation.
- If you need additional assistance, or help with accessing, correcting, suppressing, or deleting your personal information, please feel free to contact us directly. We will conduct good faith efforts to honor reasonable requests to access, delete, update, suppress, or correct your data. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we are unable to honor your request, we will provide you with an explanation.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any such request.
Selecting Your Communication Preferences
We give you the choice of receiving a variety of information related to our Services. You can manage your communication preferences through the following methods:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
- By visiting the Zenoss communications preference webpage linked here.
- By sending us a message through email or by mail to:
Zenoss, Inc., Legal Department,
11305 Four Points Drive, Building 1, Suite 300
Austin, TX 78726, USA.
Please be sure to include your name, email address, and specific, relevant information about the material you no longer wish to receive.
These choices do not apply to service notifications or other required communications that are considered part of certain Services, which you may receive periodically unless you stop using or cancel the Service in accordance with its terms and conditions.
By using Zenoss websites, Services, or otherwise providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, if we learn of a security system's breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our websites, by sending an email, or otherwise contacting you.
What security measures does the Zenoss website employ?
Zenoss has put security measures in place that are intended to secure and protect against the loss of personally identifying information collected through the website. Zenoss implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also contractually require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. However, you should keep in mind that the website is run on software, hardware and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, require maintenance or experience problems or breaches of security.
What are the privacy policies of linked sites and other third parties?
Use of Blogs, Forums and Chat Rooms and Personal Information Use.
If you post Blogs or participate in a discussion forum, local communities, or chat room on a Zenoss website, you should be aware that the information you provide there (i.e. your public profile) will be made broadly available to others, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither Zenoss nor you have control over. Remember that any information you post to a blog, forum or chat room is for public viewing. Please exercise caution, good sense and sound judgment when posting comments to any blog.
Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Zenoss is not responsible for the personal information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at privacy@Zenoss.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Who should use this website?
If you are under the age of 13, please do not use this site. Zenoss encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities. Zenoss does not knowingly collect personal information from children without appropriate parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without proper consent, please let us know using the methods described in the Contact Us section and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
California Privacy Rights
Zenoss qualifies for the alternative option. We have a comprehensive privacy statement, and provide you with details on how you may either opt-out or opt-in to the use of your personal information by third parties for direct marketing purposes. Therefore, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that received your personal information for marketing purposes during the preceding year.
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third-party disclosure choices, please email us at email@example.com.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about this statement or our privacy practices, you may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time, we may make changes to our information practices and/or this policy. In such a case, we will update this policy accordingly, so please review this page periodically for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Copyright © Zenoss Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.