Recently, I had the chance to speak with Luke Kanies, founder and CEO of Puppet Labs. We discussed how to get business value from using automation inside your technical infrastructure (devops).
I enjoyed hearing Luke's thought process around gaining infrastructure agility and the different approaches to get there. For those enterprises that are transitioning to an automated infrastructure, it's the practitioners that need to be successful in order for the business to reap the rewards.
Here's what we covered during the talk:
- The impact of scaling out infrastructures
- The need for "better operations" and increased IT agility
- Moving to an automated infrastructure by addressing pain points first
- DevOps as a means for delivering business value faster
- The importance of automation when it comes to operating the Cloud infrastructure successfully
- and the latest news from Puppet Labs and the upcoming PuppetCamp
Check out part 1 and part 2 of the interview: