Zenoss Administrator Training
Zenoss' experienced trainers deliver the knowledge necessary to successfully deploy and maintain your Zenoss instance. Training is held quarterly in Austin, TX.
Instruction will be delivered via bi-directional Webex with a live instructor. Students will have the opportunity to ask questions of the instructor, and interact with other students. Each student will be supplied with a Zenoss training instance that is hosted by Zenoss as well as lab devices to monitor.
The class will be delivered in 2-day sessions, with four hour sections each day. See the schedule below for times and dates.
- Hardware Selection: Zenoss Host System
- A Guide to The Zenoss User Interface
- User Management
- SNMP Community Setup
- Zenoss Model-Based Management and Zenoss Classes
- The Major Protocols Used by Zenoss
- Devices: Preparing and Adding to Zenoss
- Linux (SNMP)
- Linux (SSH)
- Windows Server (SNMP)
- Windows Server (WMI)
- Web Transactions
- Demonstration of data monitored on various other devices
- Applying Templates
- Custom Templates, Data Points, Thresholds and Graphing: A Case Study of Tracking Device Uptimes
- Organizing Monitored Systems (Systems, Groups, Locations organizers in Zenoss)
- Maintenance Windows, Administrator Assignments
- Monitoring: event management, transforms and alerts
- ZenPacks: Creating and Installing
- Zenoss Maintenance, Backups, Upgrading