Datacenter managers are using converged infrastructure solutions like NetApp FlexPod that unify physical and virtual compute, network, storage, and application infrastructure components into a single, cohesive system to keep pace with growing IT infrastructure demands.
Why Use Zenoss for NetApp FlexPod Monitoring?
NetApp FlexPod installations are comprised of many moving parts. Using separate monitoring tools to manage the Cisco UCS compute, Nexus networking, VMware virtualization, and NetApp storage resources makes it difficult for IT Operations teams to recognize performance or availability problems and act quickly when events that impact service availability occur.
Zenoss Service Dynamics unifies monitoring across all the components in the FlexPod stack. Zenoss provides complete coverage for NetApp FlexPod infrastructures, including out-of-the-box monitoring policies for Cisco UCS compute, Nexus networking, VMware virtualization, and NetApp storage resources. Zenoss also reduces the total cost of ownership for NetApp FlexPod systems and increases the agility and productivity of IT Operations staff.
Zenoss NetApp FlexPod Monitoring Capabilities
- Unified view of your NetApp FlexPod installation and all of its components, including blade servers, networking components, storage units, and physical and virtual machines.
- Continuous identification of the shared resources used by each application through the use of Zenoss dynamic resource modeling.
- Workload relationship visualization across Cisco UCS servers, Nexus switches, VMware virtualization, and NetApp storage.
- Immediate service dependency change tracking among components and the underlying dynamic infrastructure as NetApp FlexPod installations dynamically adapt to new demands.
- During failures, identification of which application services are affected, the service impact severity, and a list of correlated, quantitatively ranked probable root causes.
Zenoss NetApp FlexPod Monitoring ZenPacks
NetApp ZenPackNetApp Monitor ZenPack
Discovers and models clusters, nodes, disk shelves, aggregates, volumes, LUNs and more. Collects NFS, CIFS, and HTTP operations per second, as well as file system and snapshot utilization information, and hardwaremodel and operating system revision asset information
Cisco UCS ZenPackCisco UCS ZenPack
Initial discovery and periodic remodeling of Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS) components, along with performance monitoring, event management, and service impact and root cause analysis.
Cisco Devices ZenPackCisco Devices ZenPack
Automatic discovery and monitoring of faults and performance for a wide range of Cisco equipment, including virtual resources such as virtual firewalls and virtual load balancers.
Microsoft Hyper-VMicrosoft Hyper-V ZenPack
Automatic discovery of Hyper-V entities and monitoring of Hyper-V Server and its components. Monitoring of Hyper-V server, host CPU and network adapter, resource pools, and virtual machine and virtual network adapters.
VMware vSphere ZenPackVMware vSphere ZenPack
Initial discovery and periodic remodeling of VMWare vSphere components, along with performance monitoring, event management, and service impact and root cause analysis for NetApp FlexPod environments running VMware vSphere.