Editing DataPoint graph points
Double-click the name of the graph point to go to its edit page. Enter information or select values to edit the graph point:
- Name - This is the name that appears on the Graph Definition page. By default, it appears in the graph legend.
- Line Type - Select Line to graph the data as a line. Select Area to fill the area between the line and the horizontal axis with the line color. Select None to use this data point for custom RRD commands and do not want it to be explicitly drawn.
- Line Width - Enter the pixel width of the line.
- Stacked - If selected, then the line or area is drawn above the previously drawn data. At any point in time on the graph, the value plotted for this data is the sum of the previously drawn data and the value of this data point now. You might set this value, for example, to assess total packets if measuring packets in and packets out.
- Format - Specify the RRD format to use when displaying values in the graph summary. For more information about formatting strings, refer to its documentation.
- RPN - Optionally enter an RPN expression that alters the value of the data being graphed for the data point. For example, if the data is stored as bits, but you want to graph it as bytes, enter an RPN value of "8,/" to divide by 8. For more information about RPN notation, refer to the RRDTool RPN tutorial.
- Limit - Optionally specify a maximum value for the data being graphed.
- Consolidation - Specify the RRD function used to graph the data point's data to the size of the graph. Most of the time, the default value of AVERAGE is appropriate.
- Color - Optionally specify a color for the line or area. Enter a six-digit hexadecimal color value with an optional two-digit hex value to specify an alpha channel. An alpha channel value is only used if 'stacked' is True.
- Legend - Name to use for the data in the graph legend. By default, this is a TALES expression that specifies the graph point name. The variables available in this TALES expression are here (the device or component being graphed) and graphPoint (the graph point itself).
- Available RRD Variables - Lists the RRD variables defined in this graph definition. These values can be used in the RPN field.