Test and review the process class sequence
The order in which process classes are evaluated is significant. During modeling, each time a process matches a class, the matching process is put into a process set, and then removed from the list of processes that are passed on to the next class in the sequence. New process classes are inserted into the process class sequence automatically, and may not be in the appropriate position in the sequence.
Complete the previous section, and then follow these steps to test and review the process class sequence.
- In the lower-left corner of the tree view, click the Action menu, and select Test All Process Classes Regular Expressions.
- Select the process names in the previous section, and copy them into a paste buffer.
- In the Input area, select all of the existing text, and then paste the process names from the buffer.
- At the bottom-left corner of the dialog, click Test.
The number of processes matched and process sets created in this test should be
identical to the results of testing the process class alone. If they are not, follow these
steps to adjust the process class sequence.
- In the Test Process Class Regular Expressions dialog, click Done.
From the Action menu, select Change Sequence.
- Scroll through the list of process classes, and then select the class to move.
- Drag the class to an earlier (higher) location in the sequence.
- Click Submit.
- Re-open the Test Process Class Regular Expressions dialog, and re-test the sequence.