Changing the Zope authentication server password
To perform this procedure, the Resource Manager application must be running. During the procedure, Resource Manager must be restarted.
Log in to the Resource Manager
browser interface as zenoss_system.
The default password is MY_PASSWORD.
- Click the ADVANCED tab, and then click Settings.
- From the left column, select Users.
- In the UserId table, click the zenoss_system link.
In the USER SETTINGS area,
enter a new password in the Set New Password
field, and then enter it again,
in the Confirm New Password field.
Record the password for use in a subsequent step.
- In the Current Password for zenoss_system field, enter the password you used to log in as zenoss_system.
- Click Save Settings, and then log out of the browser interface.
- Log in to the Control Center browser interface.
- In the Applications table, click Zenoss.resmgr.
In the application title line,
click Edit Variables.
Update the password of the zenoss_system user account.
In the Edit Variables dialog, locate the
This variable sets the password of the Zope authentication server.
- Replace its value with the password specified previously for the zenoss_system user account.
- At the bottom of the Edit Variables dialog, click Save Changes.
- In the Edit Variables dialog, locate the global.conf.zauth-password variable.
- In the application title line, click the Restart control.