Configuring Zope for HTTPS and the default secure proxy server
Before performing this procedure, create a port public endpoint or a virtual host public endpoint to use the HTTPS protocol.
Use this procedure to configure the Zope service for SSL/TLS communications and the secure proxy server that is included in Resource Manager.
- Log in to the Control Center browser interface.
- In the Application column of the Applications table, click the application name (Zenoss.resmgr).
In the Services table, expand , and then click Zope.
The Zope service details page appears.
In the Configuration Files table, locate path
/opt/zenoss/etc/zope.conf, and in the
Actions column, click Edit.
The Edit Configuration window appears.
Configure Zope for secure communications with the proxy server.
Locate the cgi-environment directive.
The directive is about one-third of the way down from the top of the file, on or near line 380.
Configure the proxy server for SSL/TLS communications:
<cgi-environment> HTTPS ON </cgi-environment>
- Locate the cgi-environment directive.
Configure the Beaker add-on product to use secure communications.
Locate the product-config directive.
The directive is at the bottom the file, on or near line 1122.
- Set the value of the session.secure key to True.
- Locate the product-config directive.
- Click Save.
- If you created a port public endpoint before performing this procedure, the endpoint is ready to use.
- If you created a virtual host public endpoint before performing this procedure, proceed to Configuring name resolution for virtual hosts.