Configuring NTP clients
(Hyper-V only) This procedure configures delegates to synchronize their clocks with the NTP server on the Control Center master host. Perform this procedure only if the delegates do not have internet access. Repeat this procedure on each Control Center delegate host.
- Gain access to the Control Center host, through the console interface of your hypervisor, or through a remote shell utility such as PuTTY.
Start a command-line session as root.
The menu is replaced by a command prompt similar to the following example:
- In the Appliance Administration menu, select Root Shell.
- Select Run, and then press Enter.
Create a backup of the NTP configuration file.
cp -p /etc/ntp.conf /etc/ntp.conf.orig
Edit the NTP configuration file./
- Open /etc/ntp.conf with a text editor.
Replace all of the lines in the file with the following lines:
# Point to the master time server server Master-Address restrict default ignore restrict 127.0.0.1 restrict Master-Address mask 255.255.255.255 nomodify notrap noquery driftfile /var/lib/ntp/drift
- Replace both instances of Master-Address with the IPv4 address of the host where the NTP server is running (the Control Center master host).
- Save the file and exit the editor.
Stop Control Center.
systemctl stop serviced
Synchronize the clock with the master server.
Enable and start the NTP service.
systemctl enable ntpd && systemctl start ntpd
Start Control Center.
systemctl start serviced