Considerations and workarounds
New download site
Downloads for Resource Manager customers are now available on delivery.zenoss.com. Leapfile is no longer used.
Compatibility with Zenoss Service Impact
This version of Resource Manager is compatible with Zenoss Service Impact version 5.2.3 or later.
Load time for component graphs
Load time might exceed 10 seconds for more than 200 component graphs when you have activated the All on same graph check box.
NFS client 4.1 is not supported
A file locking defect might exist in NFS 4.1 with RHEL/CentOS 7.4, which could cause zeneventserver to crash and other DFS-related problems. For more information, refer to topic "Configuring NFS 4.0" in the Control Center installation guide or upgrade guide, or knowledge base article https://support.zenoss.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005085763-Potential-issues-running-with-RHEL-7-4-or-CentOS-7-4.
CentralQuery maximum memory allocation pool
(ZEN-15907) The size of the CentralQuery maximum memory allocation pool is set by the RAMCommitment variable in the CentralQuery service definition. The default value is 1024MB. Do not change the value to anything less than 1024MB.
- (ZEN-29807) Upgrading from Resource Manager 5.x to 6.x includes a required step to reindex all cataloged objects into the new Solr index. To speed this process, before upgrading, you can increase the CPU core count to use more workers. For more information, see knowledge base article Reducing 5.X To 6.X Upgrade Times By Increasing Workers For Indexing.
- The upgrade process might reinstall an older version of the Catalog Service ZenPack. To avoid this issue, manually remove older versions of the Catalog Service ZenPack .egg file from the ZenPack backups directory.
- (ZEN-28375) Beginning with Resource Manager 6.1.0, for counter/derive (rate) data points, the calculated rate value is stored instead of raw counters. The rate is calculated at the collector daemon as it collects data. If a graph (or API) request for a derive of counter data point spans the upgrade data, the system automatically queries the data correctly. However, slight anomalies might occur in the data that is captured immediately before and after an upgrade from Resource Manager 6.0.1 or earlier.
- (ZEN-29100) No data is collected for the ZenossRM device after an upgrade if the localhost collector is moved off the
master host. If you have moved the localhost collector off the Control Center master host, to
enable data collection, set properties for the ZenossRM device as follows:
- Navigate to the ZenossRM device overview page and select Configuration Properties.
- Set the following zProperties:
- zRMMonCCHost - Enter the IP address of the Control Center master host.
- zRMMonCCUser - Enter the name of the ccuser account, which is the default account for gaining access to the Control Center browser interface.
- zRMMonCCPassword - Enter the password of the ccuser account.