Preparing the Resource Manager master host
This procedure describes how to prepare the Resource Manager master host for the addition of Service Impact.
- Log in to the Resource Manager master host as zenoss.
Verify that ZenUp is installed and
Resource Manager is registered.
- If the result is zenup: command not found, ZenUp is not installed. Stop this procedure and install ZenUp. (For installation instructions, download Zenoss Resource Manager Zenup Installation and Administration from the Zenoss Documentation web page.)
- If the result looks similar to the following example, ZenUp is
Product: zenoss-resmgr-4.2.4 (id = zenoss-resmgr-4.2.4) Home: /opt/zenoss Revision: 819 Updated On: Fri Feb 26 13:42:36 2016
The value of the Revision field is the recommended patch set (RPS) number.
- If the revision number is less than 819, download and install RPS 819 or greater. RPS files are available at delivery.zenoss.com.
- If the revision number is greater than 819, continue to the next procedure.
- If the revision number is 819, perform the next step.
Determine whether the AdvancedSearch ZenPack is installed, if necessary.
The ZenPack is required, and RPS 819 does not include it.
zenpack --list | grep AdvancedSearch
- If the command returns a result, the AdvancedSearch ZenPack is installed. Continue to the next procedure.
- If the command returns no result, the AdvancedSearch ZenPack is not installed. Download the ZenPack from delivery.zenoss.com, and then follow the standard ZenPack installation instructions to install it. ZenPack installation is documented in the Zenoss Resource Manager Administration Guide.