Adding a dashboard
Users that are not administrators initially see a read-only version of the default admin dashboard. Non-administrators can create dashboards that display distinctive information or are targeted to a specific type of user or to only themselves. To customize a dashboard, select who can view it, and select and customize portlets to display the most important information. The number of customized dashboards is not limited.
To create a dashboard:
- From the Add icon on the Dashboard controls, select New Dashboard.
Complete fields in the Add a New Dashboard dialog box as
- Dashboard Name
- When this dashboard name is displayed in the Dashboards drop-down list, the user name who created it is appended as part of the name. This convention gives everyone who can see the dashboard an indication of who created it.
- Who can view this Dashboard?
- Choose who can view this dashboard. To specify a User Group, the group must exist in the system and the user name used to create this dashboard must be a member of the group. You can only assign dashboards to groups to which you belong.
- Number of Columns
- Choose the number of columns to display in the dashboard. The default is 3.
- Clone from dashboard
- If you want the new dashboard to be a clone of the dashboard you were previously viewing, select the check box. Otherwise, you begin with a completely blank dashboard.
- Click Create.