Defining global user commands
Global commands appear in the Commands list of options located at the top of the Devices page.
To define global user commands:
- From the navigation menu, choose .
- In the left panel, choose Commands.
- In the Define Commands area, click the action menu and choose Add User Command.
In the Add User Command dialog box, specify a name for the command, and then click
Only letters, numbers, and underscores are allowed in command names. Spaces are not allowed.
- In the Define Commands page, specify a description of what the command will do.
- In the Command section, enter the TALES expression-based command you want to run on the device.
Enter your system account password for confirmation, and then click
The command is saved and added to the commands menu.Global commands also can be edited from a specific device. Changes to a global command from a device are not limited to that device.