Preparing hypervisor devices
- Verify that you are running a supported version of the software.
- Obtain the user name and password of an account on the server that is authorized to use the vSphere API.
- Determine whether to use SSL.
Zenoss Core uses WinRM to monitor the following Microsoft Hyper-V systems:
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 and 2012 R2
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 and 2008 R2
To prepare a Hyper-V system for WinRM monitoring, refer to the support article that describes the options and provides the procedures for configuring your systems.