Updating Resource Manager on the master host
- Gain access to the Control Center host, through the console interface of your hypervisor, or through a remote shell utility such as PuTTY.
- Log in as the root user.
In the Appliance Administration menu, use the down arrow key to
select Update System, and then press Enter.
- To update the system, press Enter.
- To cancel the update, press Tab, and then press Enter.
In the Upgrade Options menu, choose Upgrade to Zenoss
Service Dynamics v.r.m and then press Enter.
The Appliance Administration menu is replaced by progress messages as the upgrade begins. The following list identifies the major steps of the upgrade, which takes about 30 minutes:
- Install or update the Zenoss mirror repository. All subsequent steps use the mirror.
- Install images into the local Docker registry.
- Add or update ZenPacks for Zenoss Analytics and Zenoss Service Impact.
- Install a new application template for Resource Manager.
- Start the Resource Manager upgrade script.
The following message displays when the upgrade completes:
Zenoss Service Dynamics upgraded successfully. Upgrade log stored at /tmp/upgrade-xxx-product-*.log. Press any key to reboot...
- Press any key.