Using network or IP address range information that you provide, Resource Manager performs processing to discover your devices.
During the discovery process, Resource Manager
- Iterates through every IP address in the networks and IP ranges that you specify.
- Adds each device that responds to a ping request.
- Adds information to any device that responds to an SNMP, WinRM, or SSH request.
- Places discovered routers in the device path /Network/Router.
- Places discovered devices in the /Discovered device class.