Exporting device list to load into another system
Use the zenbatchdump command to write the names of your devices, their device classes, locations, groups, and systems to a text file. You can then use the zenbatchload command to import the devices into another system instance.
The following command options might be helpful. For information about all options, run the following command:
zenbatchdump -- help
- --root=ROOT - The default path is /Devices. Use this option to
set the root device path to dump. For example,
- --prune - Specifies whether device classes should only be dumped if they are part of the root path.
- --noorganizers - Specifies whether organizers, such as device classes and groups, should be dumped.
- Log in to the Control Center host as a user with serviced CLI privileges.
Start a shell in a Zope service container.
serviced service shell zopeThis command mounts /mnt/pwd so you can use files that exist on the host.
Change to the zenoss user.
su - zenoss
Export the device list to the text file.
zenbatchdump -o mydevicelist.txtThis command writes the names of your devices, their device classes, locations, groups, and systems to a file named mydevicelist.txt.
- If you plan to use the text file in a batch load on another system, copy the file to that host.
Exit from the zenoss user shell in the container.
Exist from the Zope container shell.