Editing the /etc/hosts file
This procedure is conditional. Perform this procedure only if you use hostnames or fully qualified domain names instead of IPv4 addresses, and only after all delegate hosts are installed and renamed. Perform this procedure on the Control Center master host and on each delegate host.
- Gain access to the Control Center host, through the console interface of your hypervisor, or through a remote shell utility such as PuTTY.
Start a command-line session as root.
The menu is replaced by a command prompt similar to the following example:
- In the Appliance Administration menu, select Root Shell.
- Select Run, and then press Enter.
Open the /etc/hosts file in a text editor.
The following steps use the nano editor.
Start the editor.
- Optional: On delegate hosts, the file might include two entries with the same IP address. Remove the first of the two entries, which maps the IP address to the zsd-master hostname.
- Add entries for the Control Center master host and for each delegate host.
- To save, press Control-o.
- To exit, press Control-x.
- Start the editor.
Return to the Appliance Administration menu.
Exit the Appliance Administration menu.
- Use the down-arrow key to select Exit.
- Press Tab, and then press Enter.