Considerations and workarounds
New download site
Downloads for Resource Manager customers are now available on delivery.zenoss.com. Leapfile is no longer used.
Compatibility with Zenoss Service Impact
This version of Resource Manager is compatible with Zenoss Service Impact version 5.2.3 or later.
Excessive zeneventd memory usage
0 0 * * * /usr/bin/serviced service restart zeneventd >/dev/null 2>&1
Load time for component graphs
Load time might exceed 10 seconds for more than 200 component graphs when you have activated the All on same graph check box.
NFS client 4.1 is not supported
A file locking defect might exist in NFS 4.1 with RHEL/CentOS 7.4, which could cause zeneventserver to crash and other DFS-related problems. For more information, refer to topic "Configuring NFS 4.0" in the Control Center installation guide or upgrade guide, or knowledge base article Potential Issues Running With RHEL 7.4 Or CentOS 7.4.
CentralQuery maximum memory allocation pool
(ZEN-15907) The size of the CentralQuery maximum memory allocation pool is set by the RAMCommitment variable in the CentralQuery service definition. The default value is 1024MB. Do not change the value to anything less than 1024MB.
- (ZPS-2660) When ZenPackLib 2.0.7 or 2.0.8 is installed, the upgrade to Resource Manager will fail if you uninstall the Nutanix, Microsoft.Windows, or EMC.base ZenPacks before or during the upgrade. This problem will be addressed in the next maintenance releases of ZenPackLib and Resource Manager. Zenoss advises customers to delay uninstalling any of these ZenPacks until after the fix is available and you have upgraded to the fixed release.
- (ZEN-29337) When Nutanix ZenPack (ZenPacks.zenoss.Nutanix) version 1.0.1 is installed, a known problem with management of ZenPack dependencies during upgrade will cause the upgrade to fail. In addition, uninstalling the Nutanix ZenPack might cause the upgrade to fail. This problem will be addressed in the next maintenance release of Resource Manager. Zenoss advises customers who are using the Nutanix ZenPack version 1.0.1 to wait for the new release.
- (ZEN-29338 / ZEN-29340) Due to a missing migration script, storage statistics do not properly populate on the ZenossRM device overview page for Zenoss self-monitoring. This problem will be addressed in an upcoming release of Resource Manager. Alternatively, to obtain the migration script, see knowledge base article Known Issue ZEN-29338: Upgrades From 5.X To 6.X Miss Some Self-Monitoring Metrics.
- Do not attempt to upgrade systems on which DEV ZenPacks have been installed; the upgrade will fail. This limitation will be addressed in an upcoming release of Resource Manager. In the meantime, to upgrade, uninstall DEV ZenPacks, perform the upgrade, and then reinstall the DEV ZenPacks.
- (ZEN-28375) In earlier releases of Resource Manager, counter/derive (rate) data points were saved using their raw counters. Beginning with this release, the calculated rate value is stored. The rate is calculated at the collector daemon as it collects data. If a graph (or API) request for a derive of counter data point spans the upgrade data, the system automatically queries the data correctly. However, slight anomalies might occur in the data that is captured immediately before and after the upgrade.
- (ZEN-29103) No data is collected for the ZenossRM device
after an upgrade if the localhost collector is moved off the master host. If you have moved the
localhost collector off the Control Center master host, you must set the following properties
for the ZenossRM device to enable data collection.
- Navigate to the ZenossRM device overview page and select Configuration Properties.
- Set the following zProperties:
- zRMMonCCHost - Enter the IP address of the Control Center master host.
- zRMMonCCUser - Enter the name of the ccuser account, which is the default account for gaining access to the Control Center browser interface.
- zRMMonCCPassword - Enter the password of the ccuser account.