Creating a virtual machine with vSphere
To perform this task, you need:
- A VMware vSphere client
- An account on the Zenoss Community site.
This procedure installs Zenoss Core OVA packages as a virtual machine managed by vSphere Server version 6.5.0, using VMware vSphere Web Client 6.5. The procedure might differ with other versions of VMware vSphere Client.
In a web browser, navigate to the download site, and then log in.
The download site is Zenoss Community.
Download the Zenoss Core delegate host OVA file.
Use the VMware vSphere Client to log in to vCenter as root, or as a user with superuser privileges, and
then display the Home view.
In the top navigation bar, choose
Use panels in the Deploy OVF Template wizard to select the OVF
The Recent Tasks pane displays deployment progress and status information.
- To choose the package from a drive on your workstation or network share, browse to the location and choose the OVA file. Click Next.
- Select name and location: Specify a name for the OVF, select a datacenter or folder as the deployment location, and then click Next.
- Select a resource: Select the host, cluster, or other resource on which to run the deployed template, and then click Next.
- Review details: Verify the template details, and then click Next.
- Select storage: In Select virtual disk format, choose Thin Provison, accept defaults for other fields, and then click Next.
- Select networks: Accept defaults and click Next.
- Ready to Complete: Verify the deployment settings, and then click Finish.
- Navigate to the new virtual machine's Getting Started tab, and then click Edit virtual machine settings.
- On the new virtual machine's Getting Started tab, click Power on virtual machine.