Debugging the modeling process
You can run the modeler from the command line against a single device. This feature is useful when debugging issues with a plugin.
By passing the --collect command to the modeler, you can control which modeler plugins are used. For example, the following command runs only the interface plugin against the build.zenoss.loc device:
- Log in to the Control Center host as a user with serviced CLI privileges.
- Attach to the zenmodeler
serviced service attach zenmodeler
- Change to the zenoss
su - zenoss
- Run the zenmodeler command.
$ zenmodeler run -v10 --collect=IpInterface -d build.zenoss.loc
- Command you ran
- Stack trace or stack traces returned
- Version of your Resource Manager instance
- OS version and patch level for the remote device