Customizing Control Center monitoring
- Add and model one or more Control Center instances as devices. For each device, specify the device class /ControlCenter, and set configuration properties that have prefix zControlCenter.
- To determine base-level performance for the Control Center instance, study component graphs after a week, a month, and so on. If a metric for a component captures data that indicates a potential problem, take the following actions:
To the template for the affected component, add thresholds for the data point.
- Create a threshold to send a warning level event that you can investigate.
- Create another threshold to send an error level event to indicate a more serious problem.
- Create events with event class /App/Zenoss for the threshold violations.
- As you collect more data, make adjustments to thresholds and events as needed.