The device field is a free-form text field that allows up to 255 characters. Resource Manager accepts any value for this field. If the device field contains an IP address or a hostname, then the system will automatically identify and add the event to the corresponding device.
Resource Manager automatically adds information to incoming events that match a device. Fields added are:
- prodState - Specifies the device's current production state.
- Location - Specifies the location (if any) to which the device is assigned.
- DeviceClass - Classifies the device.
- DeviceGroups - Specifies the groups (if any) to which the device is assigned.
- Systems - Systems (if any) to which the device is assigned.
- DevicePriority- Priority assigned to the device.