Adding a single device
- Hostname or IP address - Enter the network (DNS) name or IP address of the device.
- Device Class - Select a device class to which this device will belong. For example, if the new device is a Linux server, then select /Server/Linux.
- Collector - By default, this is localhost. Select a collector for the device.
The exception is adding a Cisco router in a device class other than /Network. Before adding the device, set the value of the zIfDescription configuration property to True. By default, this option is set to True for the /Network class.
- From the navigation menu, select INFRASTRUCTURE. The Devices page appears.
Click the Add Devices icon and choose Add a Single Device. The Add
a Single Device dialog box appears.
Enter information or make selections to add the device.
By default, Model Device is selected. If you do not want the device to be modeled when it is added, clear the check box for this option.
To display additional fields that are specific to the chosen device class, click
More. For example, on the expanded page, you can
- Enter device-specific details.
- Edit SNMP settings.
- Set hardware and operating system information.
- Add device comments.
- Click ADD.
- Optional: To view the Add Device job in progress, click View Job Log in the notification that appears when you add the device.