Creating a virtual host public endpoint
Use this procedure to create a new virtual host public endpoint. Virtual host public endpoints must use SSL/TLS communications.
- Log in to the Control Center browser interface.
In the Application column of the
Applications table, click the
application name (Zenoss.resmgr).
- On the right, above the Public Endpoints table, click Add Public Endpoints.
Define a new virtual host public endpoint.
In the Type area, click VHost.
From the Service - Endpoint list,
select Zenoss.resmgr - zproxy.
The selection is the last entry in the list.
In the VHost Hostname field,
enter a virtual hostname.
The hostname must be different from the Control Center hostname. For example, if the Control Center host is https://zenoss.123, then the virtual hostname cannot be zenoss-123.The following strings of text are valid in this field:
- A fully qualified domain name (FQDN). Any string of text that includes one or more full stop characters (.) is treated as an FQDN.
- A string of text that contains only letters and one or more hyphen characters (-). The string is prepended to the hostname of the Control Center master host, with a full stop character (.) separating the string and the hostname.
- Click Add.
- In the Type area, click VHost.