Configuring OpenTSDB for an external HBase cluster
This procedure configures OpenTSDB to use an external HBase cluster, rather than the HBase cluster that is included in the Zenoss Core application.
- Log in to the Control Center browser interface.
- In the Applications table, click Zenoss.resmgr.
Scroll down to the Services table and locate the OpenTSDB
services reader and writer.
If you do not see reader and writer, expand the OpenTSDB service node.
Click reader or writer.
You will repeat the procedure for the other service.
- On the service details page, scroll down to the Configuration Files table and in the Actions column, click Edit.
In the Edit Configuration dialog box, replace the value of the
tsd.storage.hbase.zk_quorum key with the ZooKeeper quorum of the
external HBase cluster.
Delete the existing value.
The default value is a Go language template expression.
Specify the ZooKeeper quorum of the external HBase cluster.
To specify a ZooKeeper quorum, create a comma-separated list of all quorum members. Specify each member of the quorum with a hostname or IP address, the colon character (:), and then the port number on which the ZooKeeper service is listening.The following example shows the correct syntax for a 3-member ZooKeeper quorum:
- Click Save.
- Delete the existing value.
- At the top of the page, click Stop, and then click Start.
- For the other OpenTSDB service (reader or writer), repeat the preceding steps.