The main content of the Dashboard contains portlets that provide information about the system and infrastructure.
Available portlets are as follows, listed alphabetically:
- Daemon Processes Down
- Contains system self-monitoring information.
- Device Chart
- Allows the display of a graph of multiple data points for a selected device class.
- Device Issues
- Displays a list of devices associated with color-coded events of critical, error, or
warning severity levels. To view details, click a device name. To go to the event
console for the device, click an event.
- Event View
- Displays the list of events similar to the view on the Event console.
- Google Maps
- Shows configured device locations and configured network connections.
- HTML Portlet
- Displays HTML content. You must use HTML markup in this portlet. If you want to populate a portlet with content from a specific URL, use the Site Window portlet instead.
- Multi-Graph Report
- Displays an existing Multi-Graph Report (created by using the Reports page). You can choose a specific graph group from the multi-graph report and select the time range for the portlet.
- Network Map
- Displays a network map for a defined network that is being monitored. You can define the refresh interval and level of depth of the map.
- Open Events Chart
- Displays a chart of the number of open events grouped by severity. You can define the event class to be used and the number of past days for which to show events.
- Choose the root organizer (devices, locations, systems, groups) and then child organizer options are enabled.
- Past Events Line Chart
- Displays a line chart of past events grouped by severity. You can define the event class to be used and the number of past days for which to show events.
- Production States
- Shows devices assigned to a particular production state. If needed, you can define multiple production states to display.
- Site Window
- Initially provides links to resources such as product guides, forums, and training
You can customize the portlet to display content from any URL. However, Zenoss recommends that you keep a portlet with the default URL so that you can stay up-to-date with Zenoss training and product updates. You can have multiple Site Window portlets defined on your Dashboard.
- Watch List
- Allows the display of high-level status device classes, groups, systems, event classes, and locations that you select.