Creating a custom device report
- Navigate to REPORTS > Custom Device Reports
- Click Add and select Add Custom Device Report from the popup menu.
- Enter a name for the report in the Create Custom Device Report dialog box and click SUBMIT.
Define the following report parameters:
- Name: Edit the report name if needed.
- Title: Enter the report title. This title is displayed in the report and is distinct from the report name.
- Path: Specify the path in the hierarchy where you want the system to store the report.
- Query: Specify the actual query string for the report. For
example, if you want to limit the report to just those devices with a serial number,
you can set the query value to:
here.hw.serialNumber != ""
- Sort Column: Specify the column on which you want to sort the report by default.
- Sort Sense: Specify the sense that the system uses to sort: asc (ascending sort) or desc (descending sort)
- Columns: Specify the data to be retrieved and displayed in
the report. For example you could specify:
- getID: Gets the name of any device.
- getManageIp: Gets the IP addresses of the devices.
- getHWSerialNumber: Gets the serial numbers of the devices.