Re-identifying a device
Changing the device ID in the system is different from changing the device name. If you change the ID, you must associate existing performance data with the new device ID; otherwise, you lose the data for this device. However, the re-association process takes time, and during processing, metrics are not collected or graphed for this device.
You have the option of deleting existing performance data and starting fresh with the new device ID. Collection of new performance data begins immediately.
- Navigate to the device in the device list and click the device name.
- At the bottom of the device overview page, click the Action menu and choose Reidentify Device.
- In the Reidentify Device dialog box, enter a new ID for the device.
- Choose whether to re-associate existing performance data for the device or delete it.
On successful completion of the job, collection resumes automatically and no further action is required.
Only if the job fails, manually resume data collection for the device as follows:
- Log in to the Resource Manager user interface as a user with ZenManager privileges.
- At the bottom of the device overview page, click the Action menu and choose Resume Collection.