Defining global user commands
Global commands appear in the Commands list of options located at the top of the Devices page.
To define global user commands:
- Select Advanced > Settings from the Navigation menu.
- In the left panel, select Commands.
- In the Define Commands area, select Add User Command from the Action menu. The Add User Command dialog box appears.
- Enter a name for the command, and then click OK. Only letters, numbers, and underscores are allowed in command names. Spaces are not allowed. The Define Commands page appears.
- In the Description field, enter a description of what the command will do.
- In the Command section, enter the TALES expression-based command you want to run on the device.
Enter your system account password for confirmation, and then click
The command is saved and added to the commands menu.
Global commands also can be edited from a specific device. Changes to a global command from a device are not limited to that device.