Preparing to install or upgrade
This procedure describes how to download and stage the files that are required to install or upgrade Service Impact.
To perform this procedure, you need:
- In a web browser, navigate to the delivery.zenoss.com site.
- Log in with the account provided by Zenoss Support.
Download the Docker image file for Service Impact.
install-zenoss-impact_5.2-5.2.x.0.0.runReplace the variable x with the minor release number of the version that you are installing.
Make the file executable.
chmod +x /tmp/impact-zenpacks/*.run
Download the Service Impact ZenPack files.
ZenPacks.zenoss.Impact-Version-py2.7.eggReplace Version with the most recent version number available on the download page.
- Copy the files to your portable storage medium, and then move and mount the medium on the Control Center master host.
- Log in to the Control Center master host as root, or as a user with superuser privileges.
Stage the files in /tmp.
Create a directory in /tmp for the files. The
directory must be local (not mounted) and must be readable, writable,
and executable by all users. For example,
- Copy the files from your portable storage medium to /tmp/impact-zenpacks.
Change the file permissions. The files must have the same permissions
as their parent directory.
chmod -R 777 /tmp/impact-zenpacks
- Create a directory in /tmp for the files. The directory must be local (not mounted) and must be readable, writable, and executable by all users. For example, /tmp/impact-zenpacks.
Install the Service Impact image.
Change to the directory in which the Service Impact image is
Install the image.
Synchronize the local registry.
serviced docker sync
- Change to the directory in which the Service Impact image is located.