The serviced backup command saves a snapshot of the current state of the system, the state of all services, and application data to a compressed tar archive file (.tgz).
You can back up the entire system or exclude certain directories, such as a directory that contains application performance data.
Before starting a backup, Control Center estimates the size of the backup file and compares it to the amount of free space. If storage space is insufficient, Control Center does not start a backup. Exit code 1 indicates insufficient space. If storage space is insufficient, take action to increase available space, and then try the backup again.
- --exclude Path [--exclude Path]…
- One or more tenant volume subdirectory paths to exclude from the backup.
- Estimate the backup file size and check available storage space, but do not start the backup.
- Attempt to perform a backup even if the check for sufficient storage space failed. Use this override option with caution. If the backup exhausts storage space on the device, you must restart serviced.
- Show the help for an option.