Other Cisco Syslog Configurations
Here are some additional configurations for other Cisco devices. To set up these configurations follow the following steps using the configurations that follow below.
- Log in to the target router.
- Type the command enable at the prompt.
- Once you are prompted for a password, enter the correct password.
- Type the command config at the prompt.
- Type the command terminal at the configuration prompt.
At the prompt, Set the Syslog forwarding mechanism. See example below:
logging <IP address of the server>
- Exit out all the prompts to the main router prompt.
set logging server enable set logging server 192.168.1.100 set logging level all 5 set logging server severity 6
syslog output 20.5 no syslog console syslog host 192.168.1.100
logging on logging standby logging timestamp logging trap notifications logging facility 19 logging host inside 192.168.1.100