Updating Device Authentication Details
For each device added to the database and set to its proper device class, Zenoss Core may require additional or different authentication information before it can gather device information and monitor the device.
For example, for a device in the /Server/Windows class, you must supply your Windows user name and password before the system can monitor the device. To do this:
- Click a device name in the devices list. The Device summary page appears.
- Select Configuration Properties from the left panel.
- Double-click the zWinRMUser configuration property to display the Edit Config Property dialog.
- Enter your Windows user name in the Value field, and then click Submit.
- Double-click the zWinRMPassword configuration property to display the Edit Config Property dialog.
Enter your Windows password in the Value field, and then click
Similarly, for a device in the /Server/SSH/Linux class, you must supply your SSH user name and password. Set these values in the device's zCommandUsername and zCommandPassword configuration properties.