Installing the Percona Toolkit without internet access
To perform this procedure, you need one of the following:
- a login account on the master host that is a member of the docker group
- the password of the root user account
In addition, you need the Percona Toolkit package file. This procedure includes steps for downloading it to a client system, and then copying it to the Control Center master host.
- On a client system, use a web browser to download the latest version of the Percona Toolkit package.
- Log in to the Control Center master host.
Prepare the package for installation.
On the Control Center master host,
create a directory for the package, and then
mkdir /tmp/percona && cd /tmp/percona
Copy the package to the temporary location.
You may use a file transfer utility such as WinSCP.
Update the access permissions of the file and directory.
chmod -R 777 /tmp/percona
- On the Control Center master host, create a directory for the package, and then change directory.
Start a shell as the zenoss user in a Zope container.
Change directory to the location of the Percona Toolkit file.
Start an interactive shell in a Zope container and save
a snapshot named PerconaToolkit.
mySnap=InstallPerconaToolkit serviced service shell -i -s $mySnap zope bash
Switch user to zenoss.
su - zenoss
- Change directory to the location of the Percona Toolkit file.
Install the package and exit the Zope container.
Create a directory for the package.
PERCONADIR=/var/zenoss/percona mkdir -p $PERCONADIR
Extract the package files.
Replace Version with the version number of the package file:
tar --strip-components=1 -C $PERCONADIR -xzvf \ /mnt/pwd/percona-toolkit-Version.tar.gz
Exit the zenoss shell.
Exit the Zope container.
- Create a directory for the package.
Commit the named snapshot.
serviced snapshot commit $mySnap
Restart the zeneventserver service.
serviced service restart zeneventserver