Updating Resource Manager on the master host
- Gain access to the Control Center host, through the console interface of your hypervisor, or through a remote shell utility such as PuTTY.
- Log in as the root user.
In the Appliance Administration menu, use the down arrow key to
select Update System, and then press Enter.
- To cancel the update, press Tab, and then press Enter.
- To update the system, press Enter.
In the Upgrade Options menu, choose Upgrade to UCS
Performance Manager 2.5.0 and then press Enter.
The Appliance Administration menu is replaced by progress messages or the following warning and a prompt:
One or more Control Center delegate hosts appear not to have authentication tokens. Control Center 1.3.3 requires authentication tokens for all delegate communications, so updating and then starting could cause unrecoverable errors. Continuing is strongly discouraged. Update now? [y/N]
Press n and then follow the steps in Updating delegate hosts with authentication.If the warning is not displayed, the Resource Manager upgrade begins and the Appliance Administration menu is replaced by progress messages. The following list identifies the major steps of the upgrade, which takes about 30 minutes:
- Install or update the mirror repository. All subsequent install and update procedures use the mirror.
- Install images into the local Docker registry.
- Install a new application template for Resource Manager.
- Start the Resource Manager upgrade script.
The following message displays when the upgrade completes:
UCS Performance Manager upgraded successfully. Upgrade log stored at /tmp/upgrade-ucspm-product-*.log. Press any key to reboot...
- Press any key.