Editing User Accounts
In the Users list, click the name of the user you want to edit. The edit user page
appears. The following example shows the admin user.
Make changes to one or more settings:
- Reset Password - Facilitates user self-service by allowing a user to reset his or her own password. Click to reset and email the new password to the email address associated with the user's account.
- User Preferences - Resets all preferences such as grid columns and filters to their default values.
- Roles - Assign one or more roles (user privileges) to the user. To edit or assign roles, you must be a system Admin or be assigned the Manager role. For more information about user roles, and for a list of available roles and the privileges they provide, see Roles.
- Groups - Specify one or more groups to which this user belongs.
- Email - Enter the user's email address. To verify that the address is valid, click the test link.
- Pager - Enter the user's pager number.
- Default Page Size - Controls how many entries (by default) appear in tables. Enter a value for the default page size. The default value is 40.
- Default Admin Role - Select the default role that this user will have for administered objects associated with him or her.
- Network Map Start Object - Specify the default view for this user in the network map.
- Time Zone - Specify the time zone to be displayed on all charts and graphs within the product.
- Time Format - Select the time format. Options include 24-hour time (HH:mm:ss) or 12-hour time using a.m. and p.m. (hh:mm:ss a).
- Set New Password / Confirm New Password - Enter a new password for the user and confirm the entry.
- Enter your password, and then click Save to confirm and save the changes for the user.