Restoring from a backup
Restore an instance of an application from a backup file on the same system, or restore from a backup file to duplicate an instance on a new, similarly configured cluster.
If you are restoring from a backup that was created on another system, copy the backup archive file to the target system.
- Log in to the Control Center browser interface.
- In the Applications table, identify the name of the application instance.
Stop the instance and verify that its subservices are stopped.
Because snapshots are loaded to disk, during a restore you are not required to stop services while the file is loaded. Though the restore will not succeed, the snapshot and images are available for you to manually rollback each application.
- In the Actions column of the Applications table, click Stop.
- In the Stop Service dialog box, click Stop Service and Children.
- In the Applications column of the Applications table, click the name of the stopped instance, and then scroll down to the Services table to verify that all services are stopped.
- Click the Backup / Restore tab.
- Beside the backup file that you want to use to restore your application, click Restore Backup. Confirm your selection by clicking Restore.
- When the restore is finished, click the Applications tab, then click Start beside the instance you just restored.
Review and if necessary, define IP assignments.
- Click Applications and then click the application instance.
- Review the IP Assignments table. If all services have an IP assignment, no action is required.
- For any service that does not have an automatic IP assignment, click Assign, choose an IP, and then click Assign IP.