Upgrade best practices
The following list outlines recommended best practices for upgrading Control Center deployments:
- Download a copy of the Control Center Release Notes for this release and review its contents. The latest information is included in that document.
- On delegate hosts, most of the upgrade steps are identical. Use screen, tmux or a similar program to establish sessions on each delegate host and perform the steps at the same time.
- Review and verify the settings in delegate host configuration files (/etc/default/serviced) before starting the upgrade. Ideally, the settings on all delegate hosts are identical, except on ZooKeeper nodes and delegate hosts that do not mount the DFS.
- Review the procedures in this guide before performing them. Every effort is made to avoid mistakes and anticipate needs; nevertheless, the instructions may be incorrect or inadequate for some requirements or environments.
- Zenoss customers: Download and stage files for offline upgrades, if necessary. For more information, see Preparing to install without internet access.