Configuring offline use
Use this procedure to configure master host nodes to send their responses to the virtual IP address of the high-availability cluster. The following configuration variable specifies the IP address:
- Default: (none)
- The default startup routines of serviced include attempting to ping google.com. When a value is set for this variable, serviced does not attempt the ping and assumes it does not have internet access.
- Use this variable to specify the IP address of a network interface other than the default, or to prevent serviced from assuming it has internet access.
Perform these steps:
- Log in to the host as root, or as a user with superuser privileges.
Edit the Control Center configuration file.
- Open /etc/default/serviced in a text editor.
- Locate the line for the SERVICED_OUTBOUND_IP variable, and then make a copy of the line, immediately below the original.
- Remove the number sign character (#) from the beginning of the line.
- Change the value to the virtual IP address of the high-availability cluster (HA-Virtual-IP).
- Save the file, and then close the editor.
Verify the settings.
grep -E '^\b*SERVICED' /etc/default/serviced