Optional: Configuring offline use
Zenoss customers: If you are creating a deployment without internet access, perform this procedure.
Use this procedure to configure a host to operate without internet access. The following configuration variable informs serviced that internet access is not available:
- Default: (none)
- The default startup routines of serviced include attempting to ping google.com. When a value is set for this variable, serviced does not attempt the ping and assumes it does not have internet access.
- Use this variable to specify the IP address of a network interface other than the default, or to prevent serviced from assuming it has internet access.
Perform these steps:
- Log in to the host as root, or as a user with superuser privileges.
Identify the IPv4 address of the host.
Edit the Control Center configuration file.
- Open /etc/default/serviced in a text editor.
- Locate the line for the SERVICED_OUTBOUND_IP variable, and then make a copy of the line, immediately below the original.
- Remove the number sign character (#) from the beginning of the line.
- Change the value to the IPv4 address identified in the previous step.
- Save the file, and then close the editor.
Verify the settings.
grep -E '^\b*SERVICED' /etc/default/serviced