Setting the host role to delegate
Use this procedure to configure a host as a delegate host. The following configuration variable assigns the host role:
- Default: 1 (true)
- Assigns the role of a serviced instance, either master or delegate. The master runs the application services scheduler and other internal services. Delegates run the application services assigned to the resource pool to which they belong.
- Only one serviced instance can be the master; all other instances must be delegates. The default value assigns the master role. To assign the delegate role, set the value to 0 (false). This variable must be explicitly set on all Control Center cluster hosts.
Perform these steps:
- Log in to the host as root, or as a user with superuser privileges.
Edit the Control Center configuration file.
- Open /etc/default/serviced in a text editor.
- Locate the line for the SERVICED_MASTER variable, and then make a copy of the line, immediately below the original.
- Remove the number sign character (#) from the beginning of the line.
- Change the value from 1 to 0.
- Save the file, and then close the editor.
Verify the settings.
grep -E '^\b*SERVICED' /etc/default/serviced