Upgrading only ZenPacks.zenoss.Impact
Before performing this procedure, complete the steps in Preparing to install or upgrade.
- Log in to the Control Center browser interface.
- In the Applications table, identify the name of the Resource Manager instance to modify.
- Scroll down to the Services table, and then collapse the subservices of the Infrastructure and Zenoss services.
Stop the Zenoss service, and then
verify its subservices are stopped.
- In the Actions column of the Services table, click Stop.
- In the Service column, click Zenoss, and then scroll down to verify all subservices are stopped.
Create a snapshot.
- Log in to the Control Center master host as a user with serviced CLI privileges.
Create a snapshot.
serviced service snapshot Zenoss.resmgrOn completion, the serviced command returns the ID of the new snapshot.
Start the zeneventserver service.
To start the service with the CLI, enter the following command:
serviced service start zeneventserverTo start the services with the browser interface, perform the following substeps:
In the Services table, the Failing icon (a red circle with an exclamation point) in the Status column represents the cumulative result of one or more customized health checks. To view the status of individual health checks, move the pointer over the icon, which displays a pop-up.When all of the health checks of the required services are passing, proceed to the next step.
- Click the Zenoss service to expand its child services.
- Scroll down to the zeneventserver service.
- In the Actions column, click the Start control of the zeneventserver service.
Install the ZenPacks.zenoss.Impact ZenPack
Install the ZenPack.
Resource Manager 5.0.x: Replace Version with the ZenPack version number:
serviced service run zope zenpack install \ ZenPacks.zenoss.Impact-Version-py2.7.eggResource Manager 5.1.x: Replace Version with the ZenPack version number:
serviced service run zope zenpack-manager install \ ZenPacks.zenoss.Impact-Version-py2.7.egg
- Install the ZenPack.
In the Control Center browser interface,
restart the Zenoss services. If you wish to use the
command line instead, issue the following command to restart the
serviced service restart Zenoss.resmgr/Zenoss