Zenoss Service Dynamics provides unified, automated performance and availability monitoring and event management for your entire IT infrastructure — wherever it’s deployed.
Resource Manager is the cornerstone of the Zenoss Service Dynamics platform. Resource Manager automatically discovers and models all resources in your environment, immediately creating an asset-service relationship context. Resource Manager, together with ZenPack plugins, provides advanced performance and availability monitoring, event management, notification, and escalations in a single, intuitive, web-based interface.
Resource Manager Capabilities
- Comprehensive monitoring from a single product
Unlike many competing offerings, Resource Manager is a single product that delivers unified monitoring for physical, virtual, cloud and converged infrastructures, applications, and operating systems.
- Automatically discovers and models all resources
Inventories devices, models components, and keeps track of their changing relationships within your dynamic environment.
- Modern solution purpose-built to address the challenges of the cloud-era datacenters
Allows enterprises and managed service providers to accelerate the adoption of virtualization and cloud computing in their datacenters.
- Improved productivity
Capabilities such as process set monitoring and event flap management automate mundane systems administrator tasks and allow you to spend more time focusing on high value projects that support the business.
- Easy to deploy and maintain
Fully agentless solution provides unified monitoring without the deployment and maintenance overhead associated with agents.
- Assimilation without disruption
As a Manager of Managers (MOM), Resource Manager can aggregate events from many different tools, allowing you to view events from throughout your entire environment from within a single console.
- Flexibility and extensibility through ZenPacks
ZenPacks are fully integrated software plugins that help you extend your existing Zenoss Service Dynamics deployment to monitor new and emerging technologies.
- Proven enterprise and carrier class scalability
Resources Manager is deployed into production locations all across the world, with production implementations that monitor tens of thousands of business-critical devices.
Zenoss Service Dynamics includes ZenPacks, which are pre-packaged, customizable, and extensible plugins. ZenPacks use standard APIs and protocols, including SNMP, WMI and SSH, that allow you to collect configuration information and monitor specific elements, devices or systems without agents. There are hundreds of ZenPacks available for the broadest and most flexible coverage anywhere.
ZenPacks Included with Zenoss Service Dynamics
- Commercial ZenPacks: Developed and supported by Zenoss.
- Open Source ZenPacks: Developed and supported by Zenoss. .Also available to Zenoss Core (our open source product) users.
- Community ZenPacks: Developed, shared and supported by the Zenoss community (100,000+ members strong).
- Zenoss Professional Services ZenPacks: Developed and customized by the Zenoss Professional Services team specifically for your organization.
- Your ZenPacks: You can customize an existing ZenPack or build your own.
What Zenoss Monitors
Allan Burnett, Director IT Ops
Zenoss automatically discovers and maintains an up-to-the-minute inventory, including interdependencies and relationships, for your entire IT environment. This unified model is automatically built and updated so you are always monitoring the most accurate view of your IT infrastructure.
Learn more about What Zenoss Monitors.