Unified IT Resource Management
Our 3 year relationship with Zenoss has been very valuable to us. Their highly-scalable service assurance solution has been an important part of our success across our offerings, including cloud. Lew Moorman
President, Rackspace Cloud
Native protocols used to monitor Vblock components:
- Cisco UCS using the XML-over-HTTP API
- Cisco networking using SNMP and NetConf
- VMware vSphere using vSphere API
- EMC storage using SMI-S
- Linux and Windows workloads using SSH, SNMP, & WMI
Traditional IT management approaches break down when deployed into highly virtualized and Cloud infrastructures. While the basics of performance and availability management are still the same, dynamic infrastructures introduce a new layer of complexity, which has to be managed in order to guarantee service delivery.
Monitor Everything. Everywhere.
Zenoss is a unified solution that delivers IT resource monitoring to your entire dynamic IT infrastructure, wherever it is deployed - physical, virtual, or in the Cloud. Zenoss manages your networks, servers, virtual devices, storage, and Cloud infrastructure and provides visibility and predictability into the performance of your IT environment.
Zenoss Service Dynamics delivers:
- Dynamic Discovery – Automatically maintain real-time inventory and configuration details for entire IT environment; includes real-time relationship tracking of dynamic relationships common in virtualized and cloud-based infrastructures
- Unified Resource Monitoring – Unify and automate performance, availability and event monitoring of networks, servers, storage and applications across your physical, virtual and cloud-based environments with a single, model-driven, horizontally-scalable, extensible collection platform.
- Automation – From simple notifications to complex integrations with Orchestration/Provisioning solutions, Zenoss enables automated IT Ops.
- Simplified Operations – Zenoss is an open and extensible solution that reduces complexity and streamlines IT Ops, DevOps, and more.
At the heart of Zenoss is a unified model of the entire IT environment. Zenoss is based upon a powerful object-based management model that is built and maintained automatically. All devices in the environment can be modeled – networks, servers, software, and applications – as well as custom devices such as power supplies and temperature sensors.
To get more detailed information about the resource management capability of Zenoss, view the product highlights and platforms and see what Zenoss monitors.