There is no doubt that open source clouds are on the minds of both open source communities/projects and commercial entities. Zenoss has released our 2012 State of the Open Cloud Survey reaching out to over 100,000 Zenoss Core community members seeking answers to the mystery of the open source cloud. Our results were mixed, with an overwhelming minority of the respondents currently using an open source cloud but a majority is thinking about it. Meanwhile, OpenStack enjoys an early lead of adoption and mindshare with CloudStack and Eucalyptus definitely in the hunt.
Please watch a 1-hour round table discussion regarding the state of the open source cloud and what it means to your business and the broader cloud computing market.
We’ll be discussing:
- Barriers to open cloud adoption
- Reasons to consider an open cloud
- Benefits and risks of an open cloud
- And much much more…
The panel includes:
- Rob Hirschfeld, OpenStack Board Member and Principal Cloud Architect at Dell
- Mark Hinkle, Senior Director, Cloud Computing Community at Citrix
- Greg DeKoenigsberg, Vice President Community at Eucalyptus
- Floyd Strimling, Vice President Community, Technical Evangelist at Zenoss