Zenoss Partnership with Cisco
Zenoss has a strategic partnership with Cisco. Zenoss is also a member of the Cisco Developer Network. Zenoss works closely with Cisco technology groups to provide integrated cloud and managed service assurance for service providers and large enterprise customers. Working together, Zenoss and Cisco enable organizations to build world-class IT operations.
Zenoss provides the following ZenPacks for monitoring Cisco devices:
- Cisco Devices ZenPack - Monitors faults and performance of a wide range of Cisco equipment, including virtual resources such as virtual firewalls and virtual load balancers.
- Cisco Nexus 7000 ZenPack - Provides monitoring support for Nexus fabric computing environments.
- Cisco UCS ZenPack - Provides monitoring support for Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS).
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager ZenPack – Provides monitoring support for Cisco Unified Communications Manager and other Cisco Unified Communications applications.
Zenoss Cloud Service Assurance
Zenoss provides Zenoss Cloud Service Assurance (Zenoss CSA) in partnership with Cisco. Zenoss CSA is an advanced software solution for Cisco Data Center converged infrastructure deployments. It enables reliable service delivery in a Cisco VMDC, NetApp FlexPod, VCE Vblock, or Cisco Unified Data Center deployment. It also provides an essential platform for resource monitoring, relationship modeling, adaptive dependency discovery, and continuous delivery of quantitative service impact and root cause analysis.
Cisco and Zenoss have jointly validated the Zenoss CSA product, extending and customizing it to work with the VMDC architecture and Cisco Unified Data Center.
Zenoss CSA provides the following benefits:
- Reduced time to deployment — Provides a tested, validated, and completely agentless service assurance solution for VMDC-architected data centers, ensuring a consistent and fast deployment.
- Improved operational efficiency — Automated discovery and continuous relationship modeling simplifies operations management, resulting in a higher number of devices managed per administrator.
- Improved customer service — Cloud Service Assurance for VMDC helps identify services most affected by availability or performance issues in underlying infrastructure, speeding root cause identification and reducing mean-time-to-repair.
- Reduced risk — Enterprises and Service Providers deploy new architectures with confidence.
The distributed Zenoss CSA architecture supports deployment models from proof of concept to multi-data center product operations. It can track and map the compute, virtualization, network, and storage resources used by each end-user service into a service dependency model. The model is dynamically and automatically maintained as the data center infrastructure changes.
Zenoss CSA is available through Cisco and the Cisco channel worldwide. For more information about Zenoss CSA interoperability with the Cisco Virtualized Multiservice Datacenter Virtual Service Architecture Version 1.0, see the Zenoss CSA Solution Description, available in the Cisco Developer Network Marketplace Solutions Catalog.